Corn soup is a tasty and original first course that exploits the versatility of corn by offering a new way to savor it. Corn soup is a dish in a few simple steps: Prepare a sauté with diced carrots and sliced leeks to form a fragrant base, add fresh corn, shelled directly from the cobs, and season it with pepper and oil. Once the proper cooking is reached, favored by adding vegetable broth, blend everything to obtain a thick and colored cream. To give an extra flavor, prepare delicious croutons, which you will enrich with a sprinkling of spicy paprika: their crunchiness and strong taste will clash with the sweetness of the corn and the sauté, and the creamy consistency of the soup. With the corn soup, you will open lunches and dinners with class, color, and flavor, bringing an unprecedented reinterpretation of this ingredient to the table.
577Kcal Calories per serving
- Power Kcal 577
- Carbohydrates 88.8
- of which sugarsg11
- Protein Sg16.6
- of which saturated g2.55
- Fiber S13.5
- Pre-cooked corn on the cob 2 kg
- Cleaned leeks 140 g
- Carrots 120 g
- Vegetable broth 1,5 l
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt up to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil to taste
For The Croutons
Four slices of homemade bread
Spicy paprika 5 g
Extra virgin olive oil to taste
Salt up to taste
How To Make Corn Soup
To set up the corn soup, begin by shelling the steamed pre-cooked cobs on a cutting board and cutting them longwise with a blade. Any other way, you can likewise shell them with your hands. Continue by cleaning and cutting the vegetables that will make up the sauté: peel the carrots with a potato peeler, then reduce them into thin sticks and cubes. Then, place the leek on a cutting board, remove both ends (4-5), and cut it into rings.
Transfer the diced carrots and the leek in rounds in a large pot with high sides, sprinkle them with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, and brown over medium heat for a few minutes.
When the vegetables are golden brown, add the corn kernels 10 and cook for 5-6 minutes over low heat. Then add salt and pepper to taste11, add the vegetable broth to cover the mixture 12 and cook for about 35 minutes. Stir from time to time, and when the mixture has softened and has absorbed part of the broth, place the immersion mixer in the pan and blend until the mixture is thick and homogeneous, adding broth if needed. Let it cook for about 5 minutes, then turn off the heat. In the interim, set up the bread garnishes to go with the corn soup:
- Cut four cuts of durum wheat bread and organize them on a baking plate fixed with material paper. Then, at that point, pour a sprinkle of additional virgin olive oil on each cut.
- Add salt to taste and sprinkle each cut with the zesty paprika powder.
- Once the slices of bread have been seasoned, bake in a preheated static oven at 250 ° for 5 minutes in grill mode until they are slightly toasted and crunchy. If you use the convection oven, cook at 240 ° for two and a half minutes in grill mode.
After this time:
- Take everything out of the oven and let the slices of bread cool on a wire rack, then arrange them on a cutting board and divide them in half lengthwise, forming sticks or making cubes.
- Serve the corn soup and accompany it with the croutons.
- Sprinkle everything with a pinch of pepper and finish by pouring a drizzle of oil: you have to serve and enjoy the hot corn soup with croutons.
You can keep the corn soup for up to 2 days in the fridge in an airtight container or well covered with plastic wrap. Corn soup can be frozen.
Softness or crunchiness, that’s the problem. If you are looking for a method to obtain an even creamier soup, add a little cream or mascarpone during preparation; if you want to perfect it with more solid morsels, throw yourself on the dice.
ALSO READ: FRUIT SALAD: THE 3 BEST RECIPES