Fruit salad is a delicious dessert that you can prepare in less than ten minutes and enjoy without gaining weight; it can never be missing in a healthy and balanced diet.
Fruit salad can also be a perfect way to start the day, a great side dish at a picnic, or an ideal snack.
Preparing the fruit salad is quick and easy; you can also use a bit of imagination to create tasty and nutritious recipes.
Here are the 3 best recipes for a delicious fruit salad :
Classic Fruit Salad
1 cup (140 g) of strawberries
1 cup (140 g) of cherries
1/2 cup blueberries (70 g)
1/2 red apple
2 tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
- Pick your fruits, go for those from the farmer’s market or your local grocery store, and make sure they are friendly, ripe, and ready to be made into a salad. It is better if the fruits are overripe rather than overly unripe so that it is easier to enjoy the fruit salad and blend different flavors. You will need strawberries, cherries, blueberries, red apples, peaches, and kiwis for this simple fruit salad.
- Wash all your fruits thoroughly before dicing them into salads.
- Remember to remove seeds from each fruit. In this case, halve the cherries: if you want the salad to be easy to eat, you should split 1 cup of red cherries before adding them to the salad. Just cut each cherry in half and remove the seed from the inside.
- Now cut the strawberries, red apple, peach and kiwi into tiny pieces: put 1 cup (140 g) of strawberries, 1 cup (140 g) of cherries, 1/2 of a red apple, 1/2 of peach and 1 kiwi on a cutting board and cut into small sized pieces, measuring over 1 inch (2.5 cm).
- Put everything in a bowl. You can add 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of lemon juice first to sweeten the fruit and then to keep it from oxidizing quickly. Place the strawberries, chopped cherries, 1/2 of a red apple, 1/2 of a peach, 1 kiwi and 1/2 cup (70g) of blueberries together in the bowl.
- To serve. Enjoy this dish at room temperature or slightly chilled. Pair this tasty fruit salad recipe with a glass of orange juice to bring out its fruity flavor.
ALSO READ: BENEFITS OF MILLET AND ITS RECIPES
Fruit Salad With Avocado
3 medium-ripe pitted avocados
2 tbsp. (30 ml) lemon juice
1/2 cup (118 ml) of plain yogurt
2 tablespoons (30 ml) honey
1 teaspoon (15 g) grated lemon zest
1 medium apple
1 slightly ripe banana
1 cup (140 g) halved seedless grapes
1 jar of drained mandarins
- Cut 3 pitted avocados, medium ripe, into pieces. To do this, you can cut the avocado in half, extract the seed, and then make checkered cuts along both sides of the avocado, making sure the knife almost goes into its back. Then, you can take out the avocado cubes with a spoon.
- Please put in a bowl and add the lemon juice, let it be absorbed well, then drain and set aside.
- Now prepare the dressing: In a small bowl, combine half a jar (118 ml) of plain yogurt, 2 tablespoons (30 ml) of honey and 1 teaspoon (15 g) of grated lemon zest.
- Now dice half an apple, 1 medium banana, 1 cup (140g) halved seedless grapes, and 1 jar (about 11) drained tangerines and combine in a large bowl.
- Now combine the avocado and lemon juice, mix everything and serve.
Fruit Salad With Tropical Fruit
1/2 cup (120g) canned lychees drained in syrup
1/2 seeds (120 g) of pomegranate seeds
3 tablespoons (15 g) chopped sweetened dried coconut
- Prepare the fruit. Chop 1 large pineapple, then 2 ripe mangoes, slice 2 bananas, then chop up 1/2 cup (120ml) of empty canned lychees in syrup into small pieces. Collect 1/2 cup (120 g) of pomegranate seeds from a fresh pomegranate, then combine with the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Wrap everything in cling film and refrigerate for at least a day to allow the flavors to combine best.
- Toast 3 tablespoons (15 g) of chopped dried sweet coconut over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Then transfer the grated coconut onto a plate and pour it over the fresh fruit salad just before serving.
- Combine everything, mix and enjoy your tropical fruit salad alone or with a good glass of mango juice.
You can give life to the best fruit salad recipes using a touch of creativity and combining it with your taste: choose the fruits you love most and combine them in tasty salads, and the palate will thank you. Do you prefer a refreshing and delicious fruit drink to a fruit salad? We advise you to buy an extractor avoiding the juicer, which could destroy a good part of the beneficial properties of fruit and vegetables due to its functioning mode. A suggestion is always to add a small piece of ginger that gives that extra touch in flavor and has many beneficial nutritional properties