Riding The Bicycle
Start the day with a nice ride in the open air: get into the habit of using the bicycle to reach the office, go shopping, or take a ride in the city center. This will help you firm your thighs, tone your calves and always feel comfortable with the dress or skirt you choose to wear. Furthermore, contrary to what one might imagine, this activity also involves the upper body muscles. In addition to an excellent leg strengthening exercise, the bicycle is also a real panacea for health and good mood: a pleasant and ecological way to get around the countryside and the city.
Is it raining or you can’t leave the house? No problem, you can reproduce the practice of the bicycle with a simple home exercise. That’s how:
- Lie on your back on a flat surface keeping your shoulders close to the mat;
- Flex both legs to 45 degrees;
- Start pedaling just like you were on a bike.
You can make this easier by grabbing something behind you, such as a big table or radiator. Repeat this exercise during your leg and butt workout at home to make it more effective.
Leg Exercises: Jump And Stretch
Set aside 10 minutes a day to jump rope, just like you once did as a kid – it’s fun and one of the most effective leg toning exercises. It is a beneficial method for slimming your thighs and losing weight. Interval jumps with even and alternating feet, remembering to jump on tiptoe to cushion the impact on the ground and not hurt your ankles. This exercise improves the muscle tone of both the lower and upper parts of your body, and in just 10 minutes, you can burn up to 135 calories.
Thigh Exercises: Lunges And Steps
In addition to helping improve the tone of the legs, lunges are also a great exercise to tone the buttocks :
- Position yourself with your back straight, chest open, shoulders soft and relaxed, chin up, and hands-on-hips;
- Step forward with your left leg;
- Bring your hips down until they form a 90-degree angle with both legs as if you were going to kneel. The left leg with the knee up, the right with the knee touching the ground;
- Repeat the exercise with the other leg and do two reps of 15 lunges for each leg.
After the lunges, continue with a series of squats, another fundamental and practical exercise for firming your legs and building new muscle mass:
- Start in a standing position, with your back straight and your legs shoulder-width apart, keeping your stomach in;
- Bend until you are almost in the place you would have sat (or as low as you can);
- Repeat the exercise 15 times.
If you have trouble keeping your balance, stretch your arms out in front of you. On the other hand, if the exercise becomes too “light” and you do not feel enough pressure on the muscles, you can do it by lifting a weight of 3 kg with both hands to obtain more significant resistance.
Circles With Legs
Leg circles cannot be missing from the list of the best leg exercises. Drawing circles in the air with your legs helps you stretch the muscles of the thighs and calves and strengthen the abdominal and lower back. Here’s how to perform this typical gymnastic exercise with the Pilates method :
- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides and your hands facing the ground;
- Raise both legs to a 90-degree angle with the trunk, then rotate them clockwise ten times;
- Repeat in the opposite direction ten more times.
Your legs should stay together, but if you have difficulty, try spreading them slightly. A variation of this exercise is to perform the circles first with one leg, then with the other. After repeating all these exercises for the thighs, legs, and buttocks, always finish the workout with 15 minutes of stretching. Dedicate yourself to all parts of the body, focusing on the buttocks, thighs, tendons, calves, and ankles – it will help you stay flexible and relieve muscle pain.
Ready To Show Off Fantastic Legs
By following these exercises to tone your legs consistently, you will get visible results in just one month. Make this leg workout at home part of your daily routine for concrete and lasting results: do not be discouraged by the initial fatigue. The exercises will be easier and less tiring to perform a little at a time. Combine these exercises for legs and buttocks with a healthy and balanced diet, favoring lots of fresh fruit and vegetables, white meat and fish, yogurt, and whole grains.
Finally, to show perfect legs is also dedicated to an epilation that adapts to your skin type and focuses on hydration. Apply a moisturizer with circular movements going up from the calves to the thighs until the skin absorbs it. This massage helps microcirculation and relieves the sense of heaviness and swelling. In this regard, remember to always drink at least one and a half liters of water a day: essential for the correct functioning of the body. It also helps to keep the epidermis well hydrated and elastic.