We should all have a snack between meals; here are some healthy snacks to always carry with you to always have energy reserves.
Walnuts, Almonds, Pistachios, Hazelnuts
Many women avoid all types of nuts for fat and calories. But there are good fats and bad fats, nuts, for example, nuts contain large amounts of omega-three polyunsaturated fats while almonds have monounsaturated fats. Nuts are a great source of selenium, while almonds, cashews, pistachios, and hazelnuts are rich in iron.
Nuts And Seeds
Many granola bars contain added sugar. On the other hand, sunflower seeds (rich in omega 6), dried apricots (sulfite-free), raisins or nuts, and berries of different types containing iron and calcium are low in energy.
Dark Chocolate Or Licorice
A couple of squares of dark chocolate (with high cocoa content) and licorice are good if you need to get the extra iron. And dark chocolate also contains antioxidants.
Ripe bananas, in which much of the starch has been converted to sugar, make them easier to digest. Eating a banana along with a handful of nuts gives you more energy and for much longer.
Reduces cholesterol and is rich in fiber, B vitamins, vitamin E, iron, and zinc. Dry biscuits and hard bread provide long-lasting energy. Instead of regular butter, you can try using almond butter, which contains a lot of monounsaturated fats and vitamin E.
It is suitable for muscles, skeleton, and other body tissues.
It is a good source of energy and also aids digestion.
Ten Ideas For Light And Healthy Snacks
What could you eat for a healthy snack without sacrificing taste? Your best bet is to choose a combination of simple and lightly processed foods. It will be enough to combine a couple of foods belonging to dairy products, cereals, and fruit, but the power to the imagination! You can also choose, for example, to add dried fruit.
Some Ideas For Your Healthy Snacks
- Whole meal bread with turkey: a delicious snack that you can make even more delicious by adding tomatoes, mozzarella, oregano, fresh basil;
- Yogurt: for an even lighter snack, you can opt for a natural yogurt of your favorite flavor, enriched with a handful of whole grains without added sugar, nuts, flax seeds, or whatever you prefer;
- Macedonia: this fruit-based preparation allows you an infinite number of combinations. You can make it with many different ingredients, depending on the fruit you like: for example, you could mix berries with strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries. Also, you can combine fruit salad with yogurt, dried fruit, whole grains, and many other ingredients;
- Sandwich: Who says a light veggie sandwich can’t be a great snack idea? You can make it with whole meal bread, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and goat cheese . delicious! If you have free time and want to experiment, you can also add a caramelized ingredient, such as caramelized onion with a bit of oil;
- Whole meal Rusks: They are delicious with a can of tuna in olive oil and a few side olives! If, on the other hand, you want to add a touch of sweetness, from time to time, you can also spread a little jam or honey on the toasted slice;
- A glass of milk with cereals: this combination can be included in breakfast with fruit or, why not, even in a light snack. The ideal would be to choose semi-skimmed or skimmed milk and whole grains with no added sugar;
- Fruit smoothie: it is another alternative to take the dairy-fruit combination. You can prepare it with yogurt, preferably low-fat, or with milk, adding two types of our favorite fruit;
- Baked whole meal breadsticks with light, fresh cheese: if whole meal breadsticks with olive oil are in themselves a good option for a snack, you will like them even more if you accompany them with a light cream cheese or fresh cheese. For a good snack!
- Rice cakes, corn, or other cereals: you can accompany them with something salty to give that extra touch of flavor, like a slice of sweet or cured ham;
- Fruit and a handful of dried fruit: if you habit eating fruit as a snack, you can accompany it with yogurt or dried fruit. The latter is essential for proper nutrition because it brings numerous benefits: for example, it helps keep diabetes and cardiovascular diseases away. If you can, give priority to walnuts, almonds, and hazelnuts.
Tips For Quitting Snacks
- Avoid sweets, so don’t buy them. Of course, you can go out of your way and indulge in something sweet from time to time, but if your pantry is full of candy and cookies, you’re sure to fall into the temptation to snack the wrong way.
- If you like to eat popcorn when watching a movie, make sure you have a bottle of water in your hand instead of food.
- Keep busy. Do something you like in the kitchen to avoid snacking when snacking your kids.
ALSO READ: RECIPES FOR COOKING VEGETABLES FOR CHILDREN