What to eat when the stomach is corrosive? Here are some hints for a fair eating regimen to forestall and treat corrosive stomach issues. The consuming stomach, otherwise called indigestion or gastric causticity, is typical of various issues. This condition is extremely normal that it is truly hard to track down individuals who have never experienced the exemplary side effects of stomach corrosive.
Normally, the patient reports an irritating consuming sensation, which emerges in the stomach and will, in general, ascend towards the neck with pretty much extraordinary waves. Considering that the increment in corrosiveness can be connected to different inclining factors, we will momentarily list the related infections and the manifestations that recognize them.
Causes And Symptoms
- When stomach acid is an occasional problem, the patient has no difficulty identifying the root causes: meals that are too large, foods that are difficult to digest, stress, drugs or a few too many glasses, are a frequent cause of heartburn. In these cases, and in all those in which acidity arises near a meal, it is likely an episode of acute gastritis. This term identifies a generic inflammatory process affecting the internal gastric wall, sustained by the ingestion of alcohol, cigarette smoke, irritating foods or some drugs.
- If acidity and burning occur within the first 30 minutes after a meal and are accompanied by pain, it could be a stomach ulcer.
- When the symptom becomes chronic, occurs away from meals, at night and is attenuated by the ingestion of food, it could be a duodenal ulcer.
- If the burning sensation is not limited to the gastric area but radiates upwards, even affecting the jaws, in all probability, the disorder is due to gastroesophageal reflux disease. The ascent of the gastric contents causes the problem into the esophagus due to the incontinence of a muscular valve that closes the stomach’s mouth, releasing itself only to allow the transit of food, belching and vomiting. A further clue that points towards the diagnosis of gastroesophageal reflux is the onset of acidity and burning in conjunction with postural changes. (bending over to tie shoes or pick up an object, lie down on the bed and similar movements).
- Sometimes, gastroesophageal reflux is caused by a hiatal hernia, a pathological condition in which a more or less large portion of the stomach passes from the abdominal cavity to the thoracic cavity, crossing the diaphragm at the hole where the esophagus passes (esophageal hiatus).
- Finally, it is a good rule not to underestimate the importance of emotional factors when it comes to stomach acidity since heartburn and regurgitation frequently occur in anxious subjects or with character disorders.
This Disorder Is Often The Symptom Of Various Problems
But somehow connected. Esophagitis, gastritis, duodenitis, and gastric or duodenal ulcers can, at different times and in characteristic ways – which help the doctor make a correct diagnosis – cause an unpleasant burning sensation in the mouth. The results produced by the ingestion of alkali (bicarbonate) are transitory and never solve the problem permanently.
Chew very well; always eat seated; simplify the structure of meals by avoiding overly elaborate menus and following the correct combinations of foods.
- Artichoke: promotes liver activity and bile production.
- Carrot: protects the skin and all mucous membranes; promotes bowel emptying; keeps cells young.
- Cabbage: stimulates the production of new cells; promotes the healing of wounds, both skin and mucous membranes.
- Apple: rich in pectin’s, protects the mucous membrane from acid attacks.
- Lemon balm: especially useful when digestive disorders are somehow connected and caused by anxiety and excessive nervous excitement (i.e. almost always!).
- Nettle: moderates gastric acid secretion and effectively protects the mucosa.
Foods Not Recommended
All those whose ingestion causes somehow stomach acid, such as
- The fresh bread with crumb
- The legumes integer generally although sometimes those well cooked and past are tolerated
- The milk cold and the cheese fermented or spicy
- The sausages in general
- Fatty meats and fish, chicken and turkey ones without exceeding the doses are tolerated
- Raw vegetables with the recommendation to particularly avoid tomatoes
- All dried and unripe fruit and unripe or unripe fruit
- Pure wine, beer, carbonated or iced drinks, concentrated tea and coffee, liqueurs and spirits;
- Acidic fruit juices such as lemonade, grapefruit juice, orange juice and apricot juice
- spicy spices and vinegar, meat broth.
ALSO READ: THE GENISTEIN IN SOY CAN AID IN THE TREATMENT OF OSTEOARTHRITIS