Throughout your life, you have probably read many tips on how to have and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Of course, you should know the basic steps, such as staying away from cigarettes, avoiding excessive alcohol consumption, eating healthy foods, and exercising.
Knowing all this is not difficult, but how many of us can say that we put these things into practice or that we have real and safe information about practicing sports and how to eat properly?
We separate important information and tips to help you adopt a healthy, simple, and realistic lifestyle. Keep reading and stay inside!
What Can We Consider A Healthy Life?
Even with all the advances in medicine and technology that improve human health and longevity, some aspects of the modern lifestyle are detrimental to our well-being.
A healthy life means adopting positive attitudes that improve our health. Taking care of the body and mind is not based on just one characteristic or perfection but on maintaining adequate levels of physical activity, eating well, taking care of sleep, moving the body, and developing healthy relationships.
What Factors Interfere With Achieving A Healthy Life?
As we said at the beginning of this text, having a healthy life does not concern an isolated factor: it is a set of attitudes and behaviors that improve health quality, directly interfere with our well-being, and even help to prolong life.
But, after all, what aspects cause such profound interference in our health? How to take care of them? The five pillars are:
- Physical Activity
- Mental Health
- Social Life
How To Be healthier?
In addition to practicing the five pillars of a healthy life, several other attitudes will allow you to feel good about your body, mind, and the people you interact with. See the list we prepared:
- Enjoy meals with friends or family, enjoy the lively conversations that take place on these occasions, exchange recipes, and learn to cook new dishes, as food plays an important role in our social relationships;
- Brush your teeth after every meal and floss every day to keep your teeth and gums healthy and free from oral disease;
- Try activities that involve stretching, such as yoga and Pilates, which help increase body strength, flexibility and improve balance;
- Do breathing exercises, inhaling and exhaling slowly – this is a powerful exercise to contain anxiety;
- Meditate or say a prayer every day, respecting your belief – this practice is important to calm the heart;
- Do not be afraid to laugh and smile during the day, do programs, watch comedy movies, series and read books that awaken good feelings and bring joy and happiness to your day;
- Think positive and have positive attitudes, both about yourself and others – believe in yourself, do good, get involved in social work, or simply praise people;
- Relax your jaw, adjust your posture, stand straight and with your shoulders back;
- Value periods of rest in addition to sleep to better deal with stress, fatigue, and other conditions that can bring imbalance to our daily lives and harm our bodies and relationships.
Why Should We Look For Ways To Lead A Healthy Life?
To achieve a healthier life, it is necessary to maintain physical and mental health in full balance. Body and mind are closely linked, so a dysfunction in one can hurt the other.
For example, a peak of stress or events such as job loss or the end of a relationship makes the individual lose the heart to exercise or stop eating properly for a while.
However, not just isolated facts harm people’s health and well-being. Adopting a healthy lifestyle contributes to the prevention of various problems. See some benefits:
- The practice of regular exercises directly contributes to physical and mental health, as, in addition to keeping the body healthy, it also helps to improve mood, decrease anxiety and increase self-esteem;
- Those who eat healthily manage to save money, as they stop spending on relatively expensive food and drinks and can invest these amounts in their health, for example, paying for a health plan;
- Living a healthier lifestyle means a lower risk of developing diseases like heart and lung diseases.
Also Read: What Are The Symptoms Of Low Immunity?