If raw oats cause acidity, try to chew them better or cook them to avoid this problem without giving up their benefits. Oats are a trendy health food known for their excellent nutritional properties and multiple uses in the kitchen.
Among the beneficial effects of this cereal, we find those related to regulating digestive disorders. It provides the energy we need during the day and is considered a very healthy food.
Discover in this article all the properties of this natural food and the different ways to consume it!
Oats: A Healthy Food Par Excellence
Oats are rich in proteins, carbohydrates, fats, fiber, B vitamins (B1, B2, and B6), and minerals (calcium, magnesium, zinc, and iron).
Thanks to their nutritional values, oats boast multiple health benefits:
- Improves digestive function and prevents acidity and gastric ulcer.
- Thanks to its fiber content, it promotes intestinal transit and fights constipation without irritating the intestinal mucosa. Therefore, it is a more suitable cereal than refined flour.
- The fiber in oats helps reduce high cholesterol levels.
- Oats are nutritious and energetic. Therefore, they bring vitality. This benefit is helpful in periods of tiredness and healing and is indicated for sportsmen, children, pregnant women, etc.
- Even though they contain many calories, oats help you healthily lose weight thanks to their satiating effect and low-fat content.
- The amino acid content favors the proper functioning of the liver, thus eliminating toxins from the body, which is essential for preventing disease.
- It regulates the nervous system and fights nervousness, anxiety, depression, insomnia, hyperactivity, etc.
How To Consume It?
There are many ways to consume oats. Discover the most popular ones and start using this superfood in your recipes.
Oatmeal can be eaten raw, as a breakfast cereal, snack, or cooked.
- Eating them raw, you can toast them and combine them with fresh or dried fruit as very healthy muesli.
- Oats are a complete food that provides a large amount of vegetable protein, vitamins, essential fatty acids, and fiber.
In some countries, rolled oats are mixed with milk. Eating raw can cause acidity or bloat, so chew them very well.
Oatmeal, Health Food
Oatmeal, obtained by grinding this cereal, is a perfect ingredient for making bread and desserts. It is much more nutritious than wheat flour and gives good texture and flavor to recipes. Furthermore, people with celiac disease or who, for some reason, cannot consume gluten can use oatmeal for cooking, always making sure to buy a gluten-free product, as there are many contaminated ones on the market. Oatmeal can make cookies, pastries, cakes, muffins, bread, waffles, etc.
Oat-Based Smoothies And Soups
To give consistency to fruit smoothies or vegetable soups, add little oats before blending the dish. We advise you to cook the oats first or leave them to soak for a few hours to give the dishes a more excellent texture. This property is linked to the mucilage content, a type of soluble fiber that works as a natural thickener in contact with water and is suitable for the health of the intestine and the body.
Milk And Oatmeal
Try oat-based products if you’re looking for a lactose-free alternative to cream or milk. You can easily find them in any supermarket or prepare them at home. This cream, in particular, is an oat-based drink, but much denser and more concentrated, which can be used instead of the regular cooking cream in preparing sauces or desserts.
Oat Water, Healthy Food
Oatmeal water is a simple drink to prepare and helps you lose weight more quickly.
It can be combined with any slimming diet, improving the symptoms of eating disorders and purifying the body.
ALSO READ: ARE CHIA SEEDS REALLY THAT HEALTHY?