To help make the wires more beautiful, it is customary to look for products such as shampoos and strengtheners. However, it is useless if you are not careful with your meals and consume foods that help in hair growth.
Many people want to have strong, long, and well-groomed hair. So, they end up adhering to miracle formulas and home treatments that are not always effective.
Seven Types Of Foods That Help In Hair Growth
Several foods are involved in strengthening the wires; the nutritionist suggested including in the menu:
Aline says, “Eating protein is important for hair growth because hair follicles are mostly made up of them.” Nutri recommends the consumption of:
- Low-fat yogurt
- Pinto beans
- Cottage cheese
“The fatty acids, Omega 3, have been associated with the growth and strengthening of the threads”, commented Aline. So you can consume:
- chia seed
“The mineral is a source of hair repair and therefore will contribute to healthier growth,” explained the nutritionist. She recommends including in meals:
- Red meat
“This mineral can help hair growth, especially red meat, as it is rich in a type of iron that is easy for the body to absorb.” Commented Aline, already including in the list of foods:
- Red meat
- Black bean
- barley bread
- Cashew nut
According to Nutri, “Getting enough selenium is important to keep your hair healthy and prevent hair loss.” Therefore, it is interesting to consume:
“A diet low in vitamin A can result in weaker hair and hair loss.” As Aline said, the vitamin is one of the responsibilities for keeping the locks hydrated. To strengthen the hair, Nutri indicates foods rich in carotenoids:
- beef liver
“The lack of vitamin D makes the strands thinner, in addition to making the hair stop growing,” explained the nutritionist. In addition to sunbathing, she recommends betting on the following foods:
- Cod liver
- Swiss cheese
- egg yolks
Nutri also cited eggs as an essential source of biotin, a nutrient that strengthens and prevents hair loss. In addition, be sure to include all foods that help in hair growth in your menu.
Foods That Damage Hair Growth
To keep your hair healthy, you must take care of your meals, consume foods that help with hair growth and avoid hair villains. “An unbalanced diet low in protein, vitamins, and minerals can worsen hair loss and produce weak and brittle strands.” See what Aline recommends avoiding:
- Sugar: “Sugar contributes to the increase in insulin level in the blood and the hormonal imbalance,” quoted Aline.
- White flour: Nutri commented that “it interferes with the health of the threads also due to the peak of insulin in the blood and the imbalance of hormones.”
- Coffee: “coffee does not need to be excluded from the diet, but it should be consumed in moderation, as in excess it interferes with the absorption of important minerals for hair growth, such as iron.” explained the nutritionist.
- Sausage: Aline clarifies that “processed and industrialized foods should be consumed in moderation, as they interfere with the growth of locks.”
- Fried foods: “greasy and fried foods hinder hair growth, so they should be consumed in moderation or avoided.” Revealed the nurture.
Did you imagine that there were foods that help in hair growth? Now you know what to include on the menu and what is best to avoid.
It is essential to know your hair type well and to know what other treatments can be added. Hair masks, conditioners, and toners can complete this process and help with growth. By the way, don’t expect a miracle because “the final size and thickness of the wires, as well as the growth speed, is genetically determined,” according to a nutritionist.