Amid the busy routine and the rush of everyday life, the practice of physical activity can be in the last position of priority – and is often left aside for a long time. However, its importance is unquestionable for the health of the body and mind, which makes it urgent to rethink its priorities.
The benefits of regular exercise go far beyond simple weight loss.
Reducing the risk of hypertension, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, breast, and colon cancer, depression, and falls in general are some of the benefits that have been scientifically proven.
Foods classified as probiotics are those that contain good live microorganisms that help with intestinal health. The most common examples are milk fermented with so-called live lactobacilli. They are also present in yogurts, kefir, and fermented foods, such as bread made with levain (natural fermentation).
The function of the probiotic is to balance the population of the microbiota. Along with the intestinal mucosa, these bacteria form a barrier against many organisms that attack our body, such as those that cause viral infections. In addition to preventing these harmful agents from multiplying, they also prevent them from penetrating our body, thus reducing the chance of causing diseases.
Therefore, the lack of time with the tight routine can no longer be an excuse!
The Evils Of A Sedentary Lifestyle
The World Health Organization (WHO) recommends 150 minutes of light or moderate physical activity a week, about 20 minutes a day, or 75 minutes of higher intensity physical activity a week, about 10 minutes a day.
The National Health Survey (PNS) has shown that one in two adults does not practice the level of physical activity recommended by the WHO.
Sedentary people are 20% to 30% more likely to die from chronic diseases such as heart disease and diabetes. Data are related to people who perform at least 30 minutes of moderate physical activity five times a week. Therefore, including physical activity in everyday life is essential to improve health and quality of life.
Importance Of Physical Activity For The Health Of The Body And Mind
Practicing physical exercises regularly brings benefits to the whole body. Check out:
For The Body:
- Improves strength, muscle tone, and flexibility;
- Strengthens bones and joints;
- For children, it can be very efficient in the development of psychomotor skills;
- Helps in weight loss and body fat; always consult a sports nutritionist to achieve better results;
- It lowers resting blood pressure, improves diabetes, and lowers total cholesterol.
For The Mind:
- It helps in the regulation of substances in the nervous system and improves blood flow to the brain;
- It helps in resilience and ability to deal with problems, as well as reducing stress;
- It also helps in the anti-drug treatment, the maintenance of abstinence, and in the recovery of self-esteem;
- It helps to reduce anxiety and stress, helping to treat depression.
Four Tips To Start Exercising Regularly
Now you know how essential it is to plan a routine to practice physical activity and achieve a better quality of life. For those who still cannot reserve the ideal time, any action, even if it is short-lived, is already an important initiative.
Check out four tips to start introducing physical activities into your routine:
- Find an activity that you enjoy. It is essential to want physical training to become a pleasant habit. Otherwise, the chances of giving up after a few days are high.
- Start with an activity that doesn’t require high physical preparation.
- Exercising at home is a great start, as it avoids extensive commutes and helps build the habit. Use your body weight to exercise, dance, or watch videos with light home exercises.
- Look for a company for the practice, so you have a booster and an extra stimulus.
And now, how will you organize your schedule to introduce physical exercise into your routine? The importance of physical activity can no longer be overlooked. Taking care of yourself is also moving.